Welcome to Neighbor Nexus as a Guest Neighbor. Our best guess is that your neighborhood is Las Gaviotas in Chesapeake, Virginia. If this was a mistake, you may choose a different neighborhood here.

Simple things to improve your day

Simple Things for Las Gaviotas
Find a daytrip
Sometimes, the simplest things can brighten up the gloomiest of days. Your neighbors in Las Gaviotas suggested some of the activities below. Try them out, add a rating, or suggest your own.

We love new ideas and new ways to help us experience the beauty in every day. Add your suggestions to the list.
Suggest More Simple Things Here!
Announcements'
Suggest your own simple things for other neighbors in Las Gaviotas! Add your craft projects, recycling projects, organization hints, or recipes.

Showing 26 Things To Do, sorted by Rating. Click Submitted by to see the newest submitted items. Click again to sort high to low.

Submitted by Description Agessort icon Rating
1. Suggested by a neighbor in Las Gaviotas 5 years 4 weeks ago
35mm Stained Glass Slides

Here's a beautiful way to remember your memories for we neighbors around before the advent of digital photography. All you need is some fishing line, a small hole punch, and a lot of old 35mm slides. I was a ph...[Read More]

Adults
Free
4.833335
2. Suggested by a neighbor in Country Club Meadows 5 years 4 weeks ago
Binder Clip Cord Organizer

My digital life is full of cords, and the easiest/cheapest way I've found to manage them all is to use large binder clips to act as an organizer. Just clip the side of your computer workstation with the mouth o...[Read More]

Adults
Free
2.666665
3. Suggested by a neighbor in Country Club Meadows 5 years 4 weeks ago
Magic Walnut Ding Remover

Adore wood furniture but hate the dings? Me too, and I hate seeing them scuffed or dinged by my oblivious kids / husband / pets. It's always a concerted effort to find matching stain or brown paint to cover th...[Read More]

Adults
Free
3.333335
4. Suggested by a neighbor in Cedar Crossing 5 years 4 weeks ago
Store Wrapping Paper On Ceiling

If you're like me, you probably have about 15 rolls of wrapping paper in various states of use. For 98% of the year, they take up valuable closet space, and in a 1200 sqft home, I do mean valuable. So I elect to...[Read More]

Adults
Bargain
3
5. Suggested by a neighbor in Cedarwood 5 years 4 weeks ago
Anti-Gravity Bookshelf!

Wow the neighbors with an amazing floating bookshelf! The one thing my wife and I can agree upon is that books are the one decorator item that will enhance any room. This little project focuses exclusively on th...[Read More]

Adults
Bargain
3.5
6. Suggested by a neighbor in Las Gaviotas 5 years 4 weeks ago
Warm Orange Candles

I found this in a blog I follow and had to share it here. This is a very simple thing to do, but it adds a wonderful scent and a wonderful glow to any kitchen. You will need any citrus type fruit (orange, grape...[Read More]

Adults
Bargain
4.5
7. Suggested by a neighbor in Las Gaviotas 5 years 4 weeks ago
Paint Swatch Calendar

I love paint swatches. All those different tones with just the most subtle of changes can change my mood from somber to happy by just following the gradient. Whenever I'm at Lowe's or Home Depot, I grab an enti...[Read More]

Adults
Bargain
3.5
8. Suggested by a neighbor in Country Club Meadows 5 years 4 weeks ago
Pringles Cans as Spaghetti Containers

Spaghetti night. Family favorite. But I only really need to use about 75% of the spaghetti noodles. The remaining 25% stays in the box and inevitably falls out of it when the box get bumped or knocked over in...[Read More]

Adults
Free
4
9. Suggested by a neighbor in Cedar Crossing 5 years 4 weeks ago
Plastic Packaging Can Opener

If like me you dread opening your children's action figures, then read this suggestion. Plastic packaging is the bane of my consumer existence. Instead of Fort Knox, they should wrap our country's treasure in t...[Read More]

Adults
Free
4
10. Suggested by a neighbor in Las Gaviotas 5 years 4 weeks ago
Bathroom Basket Organizer

So my house has tiny little bathrooms with storage fit for a single person, not for a family with four daughters. Towels are particularly difficult to store because we use them so much, and they take up a lot o...[Read More]

Adults
Bargain
3.5
Return from whence you came